Most often, problems with the veins occur in people in the lower extremities, which is quite understandable fact, because the feet represent the main load of the body.
The normal flow of blood through the veins is due to the systematic work of the venous valves and the proper muscle tone. If failures occur in the system, it leads to diseases of the veins.
Consultation phlebologist require symptoms such as: heaviness in the legs, pain in them, excessive fatigue of the lower limbs, cramps, mainly at night, the appearance of spider veins, visible varicose veins and swelling in the legs. When the disease goes away, it is characterized by the appearance of venous ulcerations.
The content of the article:
What cures a Phlebologist?
A doctor involved in treating the affected, for one reason or another, veins.
To be specific, the list of diseases lying within the competence of a specialist include:
- Varicose veins;
- Violations potrebitelskogo nature;
- Insufficiency venous;
- Phlebitis and thrombophlebitis;
- The trophic disorders;
- Emerged bleeding from the veins of patients.
However, the most common reason patients go to phlebology is a varicose veins.
When to go to phlebologist?
There are certain factors that can trigger the development of venous disease.
Therefore, when the following conditions need to consult the professionals:
- The period of carrying a child, and the last two trimester.
- People whose work involves sedentary position. Except thatincreases the risk of venous diseases of the lower extremities, additionally, there is a risk of formation of hemorrhoids.
- Old age. This is especially true for people who lead a sedentary lifestyle.
- Frequent exercise and regular physical activity. If the muscular system is useful, then the veins can suffer from excessive stress.
- The excess body weight.
- The commitment of any bad habits.
- Properly built diet with a predominance of fatty and fried foods.
- Hereditary predisposition to venous disease.
If a person is exposed to even one of the risk factors, it makes sense to find a qualified phlebologist and go to him for advice.
He couldn't put off going to the doctor when you experience one or more of the following symptoms:
- Pain along the entire length of the lower extremities.
- The emergence of a sense of heaviness in the legs.
- The emergence of feelings of warmth, after a change of body position. The sense of warmth occurs in the muscles.
- The appearance of edema.
- Bulging of the veins or their separation, which was not previously noticeable.
Do not think that thrombophlebitis or varicose is a disease only of the elderly. The modern man is a way of life (sedentary and sedentary) that often these pathologies are diagnosed in young. Also, do not forget about the fact of heredity, when the walls of the veins are weak and thin, and therefore susceptible to negative influence.
In addition, not only the excess body weight can cause venous disease. Even people with normal weight often patients phlebology. Affect lifestyle, habits, working conditions, as a result, the reception to the professionals every year comes more and more people.
Women make up the bulk of patients phlebologist. They have a similar problem occurs much more often and, consequently, frequent cases of advanced stage disease. This, in turn, leads to the fact that requires more complex and lengthy treatment. While the maximum effect of the therapy could be achieved in the initial stages of the disease and timely treatment to the doctor.
Good phlebologist: how to define it?
As the vein treatment - the process is quite complex and demanding to the choice of a specialist should be treated carefully. The patient should understand that no folk remedies for the treatment or ignoring it are not able to get rid of the problem. Without a visit to the phlebologist, if you have already started to have problems with the veins can not do. The longer delay time a trip to the doctor, the higher the chance that will require surgical intervention, as other methods of treatment would be untenable. It is important not to miss the first symptoms of the disease, as they are often unobtrusive and not disturb the person.
When choosing a specialist which will deal with the treatment of varicose veins, you need to pay attention to the following points:
- Education doctor. Phlebologist performs surgery, so it is important that he was not just a surgeon, namely cardiovascular surgeon. Well, when the doctor has additional specialization, which may perform an ultrasound. Because this study allows to put the patient the most accurate diagnosis.
- Experience. The more experience a doctor has, the higher the professionalism. And don't believe the experts word for it, it is important to be able to prove their experience documented.
- The institution where the doctor practices. A professional will not work in a clinic that is not equipped with modern equipment, as it is impossible to provide assistance to patients at the appropriate level. In addition, in such institutions there is the possibility of the author's treatment methods, which allow to achieve the maximum effect. The possibility of flexible change of the therapeutic schema – that is the key to its success and the patient getting rid of varicose veins.
Of course, this is not all the factors that you should pay attention to. However, if they can give a positive answer, then it is possible to think that the doctor really has the required qualifications.
That includes diagnosis phlebologist
As research methods, phlebologist features:
- Doppler ultrasound;
- Scanning a duplex;
- Flebo, –graphy, -manometry and scintigraphy.