Medicinal properties and recipes for purslane ogromnogo
This annual weed found in abundance in backyards and vacant lots of the South of Russia. The tradition of the use of purslane as a medicinal plant come even to Hippocrates and Pliny. These great healers recommended it for older people or debilitated patients, and those recovering from severe wounds. Arab poetry of the middle ages praised purslane, calling him "the blessed herb" in unique drugs.
The snake and insect bites, sleep disorders and vitamin deficiency, intestinal disorders and liver disease – the widest range of use of purslane as a medicinal means made him a very important culture. Left his attention purslane in Russia – the diet of the inhabitants of the monasteries it was used as a means to reduce potency, but also contributed to the healing of wounds, removed inflammation. Moreover, it was found that purslane has culinary advantages. Its sweet-tart taste still complements the bouquet some French cuisine and Armenian cuisine. Purslane is used in salads and hot dishes, it is used in pickles and marinades, not inferior to the delicious capers.
The content of the article:
The beneficial properties of purslane
Medicinal properties of purslane are used since ancient times, Hippocrates recommended the herb for many diseases. Its beneficial properties are endless. Juicy herbs contain vitamins A, covering a group of substances with the same biological effect. Are present in the plant vitamins b, K, PP, E. Purslane is a valuable source of protein, without which the functioning of the human organism impossible. It has glucose,sucrose, galactose – these substances are fuel cells.
Due to the presence in the plant organic acids remain normal metabolic processes in the body. The use of medicinal plants contributes to the saturation of organs and systems with salts of calcium, potassium, magnesium, etc. the Leaves contain vitamin C, carotene, flavonoids. Purslane is a great supplier of mucous and resinous substances.
The therapeutic properties of vegetable.
Despite the fact that there are several varieties of Portulaca in medications used for the garden purslane.
Its characteristic species traits:
- Juicy small fleshy leaves are rounded-oblong shape;
- Succulent stems reddish, creeping along the ground;
- Small yellow flowers in the leaf axils and appear from June to August;
- Tiny black seeds ripen in spherical boxes-mnoGoSearch;
- Reproduction occurs by self-seeding.
Useful properties of this plant due to its unique chemical composition.
Substances contained in purslane:
- Carotenoids (beta-carotene, lutein), the precursor of vitamin A;
- Carbohydrates (sucrose, glucose, galactose, fructose, maltose) – fuel cells;
- Coumarins – prevention of thrombosis, anticoagulant;
- Organic acids (oxalic) – stimulation of metabolic processes;
- Hormones (steroids);
- Terpenoids antiseptic and disinfection;
- Mineral salts (magnesium, calcium, potassium);
- Biologically active substances (norepinephrine, dopamine);
- Vitamins and antioxidants – normalization of blood clotting, activation of metabolic processes;
- Macro - and micronutrients.
The unique composition of purslane provided him with a strong position in folk medicine as a remedy for the treatment of many diseases.
The therapeutic action of Portulaca oleracea:
Therapeutic cloning uses all parts of the plant except the roots and flowers and stems and leaves, and seeds.
The use of purslane to treat diseases:src="data:image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhAQABAAAAACH5BAEAAAAALAAAaaabaaeaaai=" onload="al.g(this)"
- With neurodermatitis and psoriasis of the scalp lotion with the infusion plants relieve itching, peeling and swelling;
- Normalized cholesterol level;
- Normal glucose level;
- Cystitis and urethritis manifest diuretic and anti-inflammatory properties of the plant;
- Infusion and decoction of plant parts used when gallstones and liver;
- Normal cardiac activity;
- Stopping gingivitis, conjunctivitis treated;
- Due to the properties of purslane to cause spasms of smooth muscles, it effectively treats worm infestation: askaridoz, ancylostomosis, affecting the muscle tissue of the parasites;
- The honey from the crushed seeds of purslane helps with asthma;
- To get rid of warts can, rubbing them with fresh juice of the plant;
- To get rid of the consequences of a bee sting can attach to the sore spot leaf purslane;
- The effect of purslane on the adrenal cortex stimulates the release of insulin and lowers blood sugar level.
Prepare the infusion of purslane is not difficult to do this, take 2 tbsp of chopped herbs and pour 1.5 cups of boiling water. After 60 – 90 minutes, the infusion is filtered and we use it for intake. In order to prevent various diseases take 1-2 tablespoons of infusion in advanced stages 3-4 tablespoon.
Contraindications to the use of purslane:
- Pregnancy, lactation;
- Heart rhythm disorders (bradycardia);
- Autonomic vascular disorders;
- Hyperexcitability of the CNS;
- High blood pressure.
The use of purslane
Purslane is in all respects a useful plant, it is used in folk medicine, it is great as a cosmetic, and is also suitable for human consumption. Juicy green shoots for salads, cut before flowering. Purslane has a tart and spicy taste, like the taste of spinach and sorrel. Contained in the plant healing substances help to treat diabetes, kidney disease, stomach and liver. It is useful to eliminate the causes of headaches.
Miracle herb relieves inflammation in the bladder and reduces painwith enterocolitis, hemorrhoids. Herbal teas have anti-microbial action and is therefore effective for conjunctivitis, dysentery. It is established that the plant relieves dizziness, treats hypotension, cleanses the joints from accumulated toxins that contribute to disease arthritis. Treatment decoction of herbs sores and herpes permanently eliminates these unpleasant diseases.
Consisting of purslane relieve itching and flaking of psoriasis fast heal festering wounds. Fresh juice of the plant can see the warts. It normalizes the function of the heart muscle and is a styptic agent. It is used in the treatment of certain venereal diseases. Juice squeezed from aerial parts of the plant and take 1 tablespoon 3 times daily before meals. Infusions and decoctions of the stems and leaves folk medicine recommends gallstone disease to reduce cholesterol in the blood and prevent the formation of atherosclerotic plaques.
Recipes for purslane
There are many ways to prepare therapeutic agents of Portulaca, they are all effective at regular application:
The recipe for the brew. No. 1: 1 tablespoon of dry raw materials, pour 1 Cup boiling water, infuse 1 hour, drain. Good to use this tool for rubbing into the hair roots at the scalp.
The recipe for the brew. No. 2: 1 tablespoon of dry herb is required to fill in 200 ml boiling water, to insist 1 hour at room temperature, then strain and take 2 tablespoons 3-4 times a day for impotence.
- Recipe of infusion. № 3: 40 g fresh herb pour 200 ml of water, to insist 2 hours, squeeze and take with the addition of two whites of eggs during the day. Treatment should be seven consecutive days.
- The recipe decoction of the purslane No. 1: 1 tablespoon of raw materials should be boiled for 10 min in 200 ml of water, then to insist 2 hours, strain. Medication is recommended 1-2 tablespoons 3 times a day.
- The recipe decoction of the purslane No. 2: 1 tablespoon chopped dry raw material should be boiled in 1 Cup of boiling water on low heat for 15 minutes, wrap or pour into a thermos and infuse for 1.5 hours. Take broth 1 tablespoon 3-4 times a day before meals witharthritis.
- The recipe decoction of the purslane No. 3: 1 tablespoon fresh herbs need to be boiled for 10 min. after the start of boiling, then to insist, wrapped, for 2 hours, strain and take 1-2 tablespoons 3-4 times a day for arthritis.
Planting and care.The grass is grown as a vegetable and medicinal plant, it is a wonderful decoration for any garden. Purslane refers to heat-loving plants easily tolerate drought.
Growing Portulaca from seed it is a true pleasure, all seeds give good germination and does not require special soil care. In order to obtain seedlings, seeds are sown in April. Grass prefers moderate watering. She also breeds and cuttings. To do this, the mother plants are transferred to winter indoors, cut the shoots in the spring and planted in loose sandy loam soil.
In regions with short summers and cool climate it is grown through seedling or sowing in the ground.
Sowing purslane is carried out in the time frame you can not be afraid of the return of frost, on light soils and a Sunny position. Seeds are sown in rows to a depth of about 1 cm, closing up them into the soil. The distance between rows is 50 cm. Seedlings with 2 leaves thinned out, leaving 1 plant at a distance of 10 cm.
Aftercare for seedlings of purslane:
- Regular watering,
- Loosening of row spacing,
- Weeding of weeds,
- Fertilizing complete mineral fertilizer.
The cultivation of purslane seedlings will bring the timing of its maturation. Sow seeds in containers in late March - early April. Watering and fertilizer for seedlings is similar to caring for purslane in the open field. Seedlings are ready for planting in the open ground 25 days after germination. The return of freezing by this time it should not threaten the plants.
Cut shoots of purslane is 3 weeks after germination in the open ground or after 10 days after transplanting. With one and the same plant can have time for season 3 to make the cutting of the shoots. It is desirable to prevent flowering vegetable purslane for use in medicinal or culinary purposes, as the plant has a sharp pungent taste, the leaves become hard.
How to withdraw purslane from the garden?
Wild purslane is able to fill in with their shoots all the space infield, leaving no chance for a full development of cultural plants. One gramseeds of this annual plant contains more than 3 thousand pieces. Exceptional strength of seed germination of this plant require special protection measures. Seeds of purslane had risen another 10 years, it is necessary to apply special measures for their neutralization.
Mechanical control measures with seedlings of purslane:
- Deep digging of the soil is held in early spring or late fall when the seeds fall deep into the soil and have no chance to ascend.
- Mulching of seedlings – podsypaya under the roots of the cultural plants mulch layer of bark, straw, fallen leaves, cut grass and cover the soil with black tape or covering material.
- Regular weeding is done manually with April several times over the season.
The removed weeds must be disposed of in the compost heap or burn after drying.
Chemical method of dealing with purslane in a ridge – tillage after emergence systemic herbicides. Their choice depends on what is planted in the garden, so for each kind of vegetables is a specific herbicide that destroys weed seeds and will not affect the health of cultivated plants. For example, when planting carrots or onions, you can use the herbicide "stomp", and for potatoes suitable "Zenkor".
Purslane should be destroyed after removing it from the soil. Collected a bunch of weed to be treated with herbicides "Tornado", "Napalm"or similar substances.
Undemanding and hardy purslane is a real"pharmacy in the garden". Most importantly, choose the right kind of this plant for cultivation. The cultivation of vegetable purslane will provide the raw material for the production of medicaments for the treatment of many diseases.
Contraindications to the use of purslane
Purslane is contraindicated in hypertension and low heart rate, and patients with a tendency to autonomic disorders and convulsions. Grass purslane stimulates the release of insulin and causes hypoglycemia, spasm of blood vessels, increases blood pressure.