Treatment of pruritus
The content of the article:
Treatment itching celandine
Celandine as a tincture and decoction for external use is effective against itching and skin rashes. To prepare the broth should take a teaspoon of vegetable raw materials (celandine in dried form can be purchased at pharmacies) and pour a glass of boiling water. Infuse fifteen minutes and strain through cheesecloth. The resulting broth you can wipe the affected areas of skin or to make compresses.
A thick brew of celandine used for baths. It is prepared on the basis of the ratio of 10 grams of dry plant per 100 grams of hot water. The mixture is cooled to a temperature of 36-40 degrees and do baths for 10-15 minutes.
Alcohol tincture for protyani made from one part of the crushed plant into five parts vodka. To use the tincture as a compress impregnated gauze and apply it on the affected areas for 15-20 minutes. To avoid irritation on the skin, the tincture can be diluted with boiled water.
Other folk remedy itching
Melissa tea from itching. Tea made from lemon balm has a calming effect, relieves skin irritation and reduces itching. To prepare a tablespoon of lemon balm herb brewed Cup of boiling water and drink twice a day. Treatment itching continue for one month.
- Bath with a succession of treatment of itching. Baths with chamomile help alleviate Allergy symptoms, to remove the itching and speed up recovery of the skin after the rash. Two tablespoons of vegetable raw materials take half a Cup of hot water, to insist fifteen minutes, cooled and rubbed the resulting broth the skin, using a cotton swab.
- Treatment itching alcohol tincture of calendula. Calendula tincture is used to treat skin diseases, prevents bacterial infection that can occur by scratching, relieves itching and helps restore skin.It can be purchased at the pharmacy or make your own, for which 10 g of crushed plant material is filled with 70% alcohol, insist for two weeks. The resulting mixture is filtered through cheesecloth and RUB the affected skin. If you experience burning and pain tincture is recommended to dilute with water.
- Propolis from itching. Propolis is a substance used by bees to protect and strengthen cells, has a resinous consistency and offers strong antibacterial properties.In folk medicine, propolis is used to treat skin diseases, burns, ulcers, eczema and rashes. Bandage with propolis ointment relieves itching and irritation after 10 minutes after applying.For outdoor use also suitable propolis tincture 10%, she smeared the affected area to eliminate itching and soften the skin.
Shilajit from itching. Shilajit is a natural product, a resinous substance that is extracted from crevices in the rocks. Shilajit is rich in minerals and organic substances, which increase the processes of skin regeneration after damage. In a 2% solution of Shilajit is used to treat skin rashes with a solution impregnated material and make compresses for 15-20 minutes that helps to remove itchiness and discomfort, prevent infectious and inflammatory processes.For external use also use mumiye solution in a ratio of 1 g per 100 ml of liquid. (see also: recipes for the treatment and use of Shilajit of stretch marks, hair)
List of drugs skin itching
Antihistamines - what to choose?
Medications for the treatment of itching and allergic rashes klassificeret into three main groups:
- Stabilizers fat cell membranes.
The most popular and extensive group of tools – antigistaminnaya, which block histamine receptors and prevent the development of allergic reactions.Thus, within a few hours after taking the drug the itching swelling and redness subside, rashes become less visible. Antihistamines have relatively few contraindications, so they can be purchased in any pharmacy without prescription.
Noticeable side effect after administration of antihistamines is drowsiness, but its severity depends on the type of drug. Rare side effects – nausea, dizziness, headache.
Antihistamines are divided into three groups:
- Antihistamines first generation – drugs that quickly and effectively relieve an allergic reaction, havea sedative effect. Take them several times a day, because the effect of the application quickly subsides. There are contraindications for drivers and people who work in high risk trauma, as after taking drugs of this type are often observed drowsiness. This side effect can be useful if allergic reaction in the patient accompanied by anxiety and sleep disorders.
- Antihistamines second generation does not give immediate effect, as the first generation drugs, but their effect persists for a day, so there is no need to take them 2-3 times a day. Sedative effect is less pronounced, so that after taking the person can function normally. An allergic reaction begins to subside after an hour after applying the medication.
- Antihistamines third-generation – compounds with minimal sedative effect, drowsiness, in patients after receiving his appears very rarely.
Comparative characteristics of antihistamines:
The main characteristics and features of the application
Preparations of the first generation:
Effectively relieves allergic reactions after 30 minutes after application, the effect remains 3 to 5 hours. Assigned to adults and children from 1 month in case of skin allergic reactions to animal bites and atopic dermatitis.
You cannot apply to pregnant women, lactation, and patients during an attack of bronchial asthma.
Quickly and effectively relieves itching, side effects of drowsiness are less pronounced than Her. The validity of after a single admission – 12 hours, approved for use in children from 6 years.
Diseases of the respiratory system, lower respiratory, pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Approved for use at any age, antiallergic properties is weak. Not addictive, so it can be used for a long time.
The drug is contraindicated in pregnant and nursing mothers, patients with epilepsy, digestive disorders (acute stage of peptic ulcer disease), prostatic hypertrophy, glaucoma and arrhythmia.
Drugs of the second generation:
Claritin, Claridon, Loragexal (based drugs loratadine)
The first results are felt after an hour after administration and the maximum effect seen after 10 hours. The drug is drink every day. The likelihood of side effects is minimal.
Not indicated for children under the age of three, nursing mothers. Women during pregnancy use with caution and only on prescription. Contraindications for patients with lactose intolerance, fructose or other ingredients.
Zyrtec, Cethrin, Zodak (drugs based on ceterizine)
The absorption occurs in the digestive tract, the effect is felt within 20 minutes. Non-addictive, and therefore, can be taken long courses. The drug significantly 2-3 days after last reception.
Not prescribed for small children up to 6 years, women in lactation and patients with renal insufficiency. In patients of older age increases the risk of edema after treatment.
Drugs of the third generation:
Prescribed for the treatment of chronic skin rashes, hives. The drug has a lasting effect of 24 to 48 hours, does not affect the ability to concentrate, active attention.
Is contraindicated in pregnant and nursing mothers, and children under 12 years of age and patients with renal insufficiency.
Prescribed for chronic dermatosis accompanied by itching. The drug has a prolonged effect and does not cause drowsiness.
Disorders of the kidney or liver, cardiac abnormalities, pregnancy and lactation, age under 12 years old.
Ketotifen - medication for chronic itch
Blockers fat cell membranes – another group of drugs used in the treatment of chronic itching. The mechanism of their action is also to prevent allergic reactions. So, when entering the allergen into the body, it begins to produce antibodies, which, in contact with cells of the immune system (mast cells) cause the release of histamines. Histaminesresponsible for the flow of an allergic reaction with all its characteristic symptoms – redness, itching, swelling.
Ketotifen interferes with the interaction of antibodies and fat cells, thus blocking histamine release and subsequent allergic reaction. These drugs act immediately, therefore not suitable for relief of acute Allergy attacks. The first effects appear after a week of admission, the maximum effect can be observed after 1-2 months.
Ketotifen is prescribed for chronic allergic rashes like eczema, urticaria or atopic dermatitis. It cannot be used women during pregnancy, lactation and young children up to three years. Of the potential side effects – drowsiness, nervousness, irritability, dry mouth and increased appetite, most of them disappear after the first week of admission.
Glucocorticoids (hormone treatment)
This is the most powerful group of drugs aimed at suppression of allergic rashes and itching. Glucocorticoids influence all types of cells responsible for the allergic reaction – mast cells, eosinophils and leukocytes. However, due to the large number of side effects, corticosteroids are prescribed only in the most severe cases. Among the negative symptoms after taking these drugs – digestive disorders, blood pressure, headaches, and this is not the most dangerous of all possible side effects.
Glucocorticoids prescribed to patients who have tried treatment with ketotifen and antihistamines, but got no result. It is prescribed in cases when an allergic rash is a large area of the skin, causing serious damage and soreness. Hormonal drugs – prednisone, dexamethosone take no longer than 10 days only as directed by your doctor.
Why would an allergist prescribe antibiotics?
Antibiotics do not prevent allergic reaction and do not contribute to the treatment of itching, but your doctor may prescribe in case of infection. Pustular infection is often accompanied by allergic rashes, it puts the patient himself while scratching itchy areas of the skin.
Prescribe antibiotics the doctor can only after a special analysis. With take skin scraping, make a sowing to determine the sensitivity of this microorganism to antibiotics. Often in this case prescribe broad-spectrum antibiotics course to 10 days. These drugs are penicillin, cephalosporins, macrolides.