The content of the article:
Allergology is the branch of medicine that studies allergic reactions and diseases associated with them, finds out their etiologic causes, development mechanisms and clinical manifestations. In addition, the Allergy develops methods of diagnosis, therapy and prevention of Allergy among people.
Accordingly, the allergist is a specialist medicine, which focuses on the emergence, course and treatment of allergic reactions. He is also developing preventive measures, designed to prevent the emergence of allergies, has many of the diagnostic methods to promptly identify and treat existing pathology.
Who is the allergist?
As a separate branch of medicine, Allergy emerged relatively recently and remains inextricably linked with many disciplines, and primarily with immunology. Every year, the number of patients suffering from allergies is increasing, making an allergist highly sought-after expert.
It is important that the doctor not only had an impressive knowledge base in their field but also know how to implement them in practice, able to differentiate between colds and allergies in a patient. To identify the causes of, and assign adequate treatment are paramount tasks facing the specialist.
An allergist is the doctor who deals with the prevention of hay fever, food allergies and other allergic reactions, solves problems with correction of the immune system, gives advice on nutrition and lifestyle in General. If necessary, the doctor recommends the patient to visit other specialists, such as: immunologist, nutritionist, dermatologist, ophthalmologist, gastroenterologist, otolaryngologist, etc.
What is an allergist?To identify the cause of allergic reactions themselves is often difficult. In this case, comes to the aid of a specialist.
The main directions of its activities are the following:
- Diagnosis, therapy and prevention of bronchial asthma, atopic dermatitis, conjunctivitis,hay fever, rhinitis, angioedema and other diseases.
- The appointment of a full podsosonny, short or year-round allergen-specific therapy.
- Diagnostics and correction of immune status.
- Restoring and maintaining the protective functions of the organism.
There are many diseases that occur on the background of reduced immunity, allergic reactions are no exception. Therefore, it is often possible to hear the combination of words the allergist-immunologist. In the specifics of the doctor includes not only the suppression of allergic manifestations of the body, but also the normalization of the immune status.
What diseases cures allergist?
A doctor involved in treatment of many diseases, however, often faced with the following diseases:
- Hay fever;
- Chronic rhinitis, pursuing the patient year round, having an allergic nature;
- Conjunctivitis of allergic origin;
Bronchial asthma; (see also: the first signs and symptoms, causes and treatment of bronchial asthma)
- Acute and chronic form of urticaria;
- Dermatitis atopic, contact, seborrheic;
- Food, insectia (reaction to an insect bite), and drug allergies;
- Disease, provoked by secondary immunodeficiency;
- Diseases of the respiratory system, both upper and lower having an allergic basis.
Recurrent viral diseases, such as herpes; (see also: description, symptoms, and treatment of all types of herpes virus)
- Recurrent purulent diseases, e.g. furunculosis;
- Mycotic lesions, not amenable to therapy;
- Gynecological disease, such as human papilloma virus;
- Chronic fatigue syndrome;
- Itching of the skin, of unknown etiology and resistant to elimination;
- Chronic urological diseases.
Visit to the allergist is primarily important in order to prescribe adequate treatment, which will not harm the human body. So, leciv allergic rhinitis drugs for colds, can disrupt the balance in the body. Allergen don't stop your pathological effects, as it will not be identified and addressed. Eventually, the cold becomes chronic, then it is joined by coughing, in the end, the person begins to suffer from bronchitis, andsubsequently, and asthma. It is therefore important to timely consult an allergist.
The bodies are treated by the allergist
In connection with the specific activities, the competence of the allergist is the treatment of the following bodies:
When to see an allergist?To visit the doctor when you need to detect the first signs of an allergic reaction.
It is important to know the symptoms of this process to avoid wasting time and begin treatment as early as possible:
- The itching sensation in the nose, congestion of the nasal passages, sneezing.
Chronic runny nose. (See also: runny nose (rhinitis). Causes, symptoms and types)
- The appearance of cold depending on the time of year. Most often hay fever occurs at the same time and coincides with the flowering of certain grasses, trees, etc.
- Paroxysmal cough that is not accompanied by expectoration. This cough does not stop for a long time.
- Sudden shortness of breath, spasms of the respiratory organs, the feeling of lack of oxygen.
- The appearance of discharge from the eyes, their redness, irritation.
Skin rashes, which are accompanied by incessant itching.
In addition, the doctor may help the patient to identify the cause of the following States:
- Frequent relapses of chronic diseases.
- Insomnia, either constant or periodic;
- Excessive fatigue;
- The low level of health;
- Headaches that are accompanied by one and the same food or food product;
What tests need to pass when applying to an allergist?
Doctor, depending on patient's complaints and their symptoms and will recommend the patient to take one or more of the following tests:
- Scraping the tonsils, tongue surface, from the ear canal for further cytological examination. This analysis is performed in cases of suspected mycotic lesion.
- feces Analysis, eliminating dysbiosis, or to determine sensitivity to bacteriophages.
- Blood cultures done.
- Definition of flora ulcers, scrapings from the surface of the dermis of the ear passages, etc.
- PCR diagnostics for the detection of specific virus, bacteria or Mycoplasma.
- Analysis of serum specific lgE, lgE shared that indicate a sensitivity to pollen, dust, fungal and food allergens, etc.
- Execute test procedures, for example, princ-test run scratch tests for the test.
Diagnostic examination plan can be changed. Sometimes it is required to perform radiography, the passage of CT or MRI, holding provocation test with allergens and so forth.
When to the child on reception to the allergist?
An allergist is the doctor who treats not only adults but also children. If you experience the child Allergy symptoms that are similar to the symptoms adults should seek immediate medical advice. The fact that the immune protection of the child formed not until the end. If time does not identify any existing allergies, it will be a serious threat to health and even life of the child.
Especially careful parents must be with children under one year of age, when they begin to introduce solid foods first. Generally, when introducing new foods, you need to monitor the child's body and, if necessary, to go to the doctor.
Read more: Causes, symptoms and treatment of Allergy