The content of the article:
Cardiology is a branch of medicine that deals with the study of the structure and of the functioning of the cardiovascular system. Specialist in this field, namely, cardiologist, performs diagnostics, therapy and prevention of diseases of the heart and blood vessels. This branch of medicine is every year becoming more urgent as the number of diseases is growing, and normal functioning of the cardiovascular system depends on the work of the whole organism.
What cures a cardiologist?But help people in the treatment of pathologies of vessels and the heart, cardiologists are also engaged in the development and implementation of rehabilitation measures for patients who have already suffered an acute form of a disease.
In his practice, doctors of this specialty are often faced with the following problems:
- Heart disease (acquired during life or before birth);
- Ischemic heart disease;
- Heart failure caused by various reasons;
- Angina, which develops on the background of insufficiency of blood supply to the heart;
- The defeat of the vessels and of the heart muscle arising on the background of inflammation of a particular area (cardita);
- Arrhythmias, including bradycardia, tachycardia, partial heart block;
- Aneurysms of the aorta and other arteries;
- Heart attacks and state them prior;
- Thrombosis and thrombophlebitis.
This is not a complete list of pathologies that are within the competence of the cardiologist, but they are the most common. Any disease of the heart or blood vessels requires mandatory consultation with a specialist and competent treatment. So do not put off visiting a cardiologist if there is even the slightest doubt about the health of the heart and blood vessels.
Read more: Causes of heart disease and help him
When necessary the appointment of a cardiologist?
In most developed countries, a visit to a cardiologist is included in the compulsory routine examination, as failure to do so the doctor can end up quite sad for a really sick person. Thoughmost people know about this fact, but not everyone is in a hurry to seek the advice of a specialist, even if aware of problems with the blood vessels and heart. Meanwhile, cardiologists argue that it would be possible to annually save up to 200,000 lives, if every man more responsible attitude to their health.
About the need to visit a doctor show the following characteristics:
- Painful sensations localized in the region of the heart. It does not matter the intensity and frequency of occurrence.
- Fainting without objective reasons or pre-existing conditions.
- Heart rhythm disorders, in particular, the increased heart rate on the background of General body deterioration.
- The occurrence of dyspnea.
- Frequent dizziness, excessive sweating, and unexplained weakness.
- A quick set of body weight.
- Rheumatoid manifestations, regardless of their type, and rheumatism.
- Planning conception.
- Excessive fatigue.
In addition to these problems, the reason in order to look for specialist vessels and the heart is the presence of diabetes mellitus and high cholesterol level in the blood (see also: causes high cholesterol, what to do, how to treat?). More attentive to their own health need to be people with the burdened heredity. This is especially true of those who have from diseases of the heart and blood vessels suffer close relatives.
Do not think that a cardiologist – a doctor exclusively for the elderly. The modern pace of life and the abundance of stressful situations lead to problems with the cardiovascular system occur in young and even young. Therefore, most specialists strongly recommend to visit a cardiologist on a regular basis for achieving 35 years of age.