The content of the article:
A podiatrist is a specialist in the treatment of the musculoskeletal system, as well as other defects bone structure: congenital or acquired.
A podiatrist treated people injury or injury in the home and in the workplace, and also to implement the necessary treatment in post-traumatic period.
In addition, the doctor is able to help patients who have problems with musculoskeletal disorders were the result of professional activity.
Orthopedics: the main directionsPodiatrist specializiruetsya in several ways:
- Orthopedics outpatient. In this case, therapy and prevention of diseases the doctor performs in a clinic, which is receiving. This direction does not imply the implementation of surgical interventions on the joints or bones of the patient.
- The endoprosthesis. In this area, is surgery to place a prosthesis of a joint or bone, in that case, if you save your own elements of musculoskeletal system impossible.
- Orthopedics surgical. In the framework of this direction is the radical effect on the feet, hands, spine, teeth gripping, if necessary, ligaments, bones and joints.
- Orthopedics trauma. To this direction it is possible to classify the Orthopaedics sports. Treatment can be both conservative and operative, depending on the character of the man injuries. Perhaps the use of modern means for fixation of fractures, correction of defects of bones and joints, as well as correction of old defects. As sports orthopedics is included in the emergency direction, it implies a therapeutic effect on various birth injuries that athletes get.
- Orthopedics of children and adolescents. In this regard, the treatment and prevention of exposed children under one year of age until puberty.
What organs cures a podiatrist?
The doctor involved in therapy:
- Bone elements;
- Nerve endings;
Under the impact area podiatrist gets feet and hands, shoulder blades, back, shoulder bone, joints (hip and knee).
Of the disease, treatment of which deals with a podiatrist
Most often a podiatrist in my practice is faced with diseases such as:
- Congenital defects, including: torticollis, hip dysplasia;
- Diseases of the foot: clubfoot, curvature, flat feet;
- Arthrosis, bursitis, characterized by inflammatory process localized in the region of the joint capsule and joint;
- Sprains and fractures;
Osteochondrosis of the vertebral column; (see also: Causes, symptoms and prevention of osteochondrosis)
- Ewing's Tumor;
- Defeat the skeletal system of autoimmune origin like rheumatoid arthritis, which causes assignment to the patient of disability;
- Sarcoma osteogenic;
- Osteos deforming, etc.
When should I go to podiatrist?
The above cases are not a complete list of pathologies of the musculoskeletal apparatus. The variety of disease causes and the variety of treatment methods that are used in the practice of the podiatrist. After all, he is responsible for the elimination of diseases of bones, joints and surrounding tissues, the etiology of which varies: they cause infection, injury, in addition, it is impossible to exclude congenital malformations. Acquired diseases often it is an injury acquired at work or diseases caused by disruptions in metabolic processes. With regard to infectious diseases of bones and joints, they occur either as a concomitant inflammation or as a complication after suffering a pathology.
As a rule, bone disease do not differ the rapid flow and therefore even the first symptoms should alert the person and become the reason for going to the doctor. In addition, the first signs of the disease is often worn, and when they begin to manifest clearly, this indicates far-gone pathological process characterized by massive defeat of elements of the locomotor apparatus. Therefore, a visit to a podiatrist should be planned, since childhood.
Orthopedic trauma: when is it needed?src="data:image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhAQABAAAAACH5BAEAAAAALAAAaaabaaeaaai=" onload="al.g(this)"
The reason to go on reception to the orthopedist-traumatologist can be:
- The consequences of polio;
- The effects of the primary fractures, secondary fractures;
- Pain in the spinal column on a regular basis;
- Pain in the joints and in the lower extremities;
- Frostbite of the extremities, sprains and bruises, insect bites, or animals;
- Deformation and disturbance of functionality of all elements of the musculoskeletal system.
Sometimes the treatment does not require dissection of soft tissues and gain access to the bone. Specialist trauma orthopedics is armed with this closed method of surgery, as Redressal. It is a manual process consists of several stages of correction of the deformation of the articular elements. Among the pathologies, which can be removed by this method: clubfoot, fractures, rickets, contracture, improper fusion of the limbs, etc. However, this treatment method is applicable not always, but only in specific cases defined by the doctor.
Symptoms for an urgent meeting with the podiatrist
There are certain symptoms that should not be ignored and when they occur you need to immediately go to a specialist.
It must be done due to the fact that they indicate a serious anomaly in the musculoskeletal system:
- Stiffness in the joints, the crunch in them;
- Numbness of limbs;
Pain in the back; (see also: Causes of back pain)
- Swelling and swelling of joints;
- Pain aching when the weather changes;
- Fatigue on the background of the incorrect posture.
Regular visits to the specialist and the registration of the podiatrist needed in the following diseases:
- Injuries to the spinal column;
- Articular arthrosis;
Rheumatoid arthritis; (see also: Causes, symptoms, stages and diagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis)
- Sprains – knee or shoulder joint;
- Hip fracture at any age;
- Low back pain.
With regard to preventiveevents, most often the supervision of the orthopedist-traumatologist recommended when the passion for active sports, but also lovers of extreme sports. This will eliminate the possibility of getting complications from frequent micro traumas and will save from serious problems with musculoskeletal disorders in the future.
Lead the child to a pediatric orthopedistSometimes the help of a podiatrist children need. Parents should bring the child to a specialist for advice if he has problems with the musculoskeletal as well-timed treatment will allow to achieve maximum results. This applies to both innate and acquired diseases.
So, to show the child's doctor is necessary in the following cases:
- In the presence of congenital dislocation of the hip;
- In marked severity during walking, with fatigue from walking, as both of these signs indicate flat feet;
- If the baby slouches;
- If the child's head is tilted to one side, which is a sign of torticollis;
- When complaints of pain in the limbs or back;
- If there are signs of clubfoot.
The first appointment with a podiatrist
In the primary appointment at the orthopedist, the patient will need to go through the standard procedure:
- Visual inspection with the purpose to assess the anatomical structure of the skeletal system. Especially this point is relevant in the examination of newborns.
- The finding of possible for a particular patient range of motion of joints subjected to defeat.
- Performing fluoroscopy for setting the most accurate diagnosis.
- Performing CT or MRI (if necessary).
The tests, appointed by the podiatrist
To obtain the most complete picture of the disease, an orthopedist sends a patient to pass the following tests:
- The blood and urine – General;
- Analysis of blood clotting;
- Tests to determine protrombinovogo index, time and protrombinovogo time in combination with fibrogene;
- The data on APTT.