The content of the article:
- What cures a proctologist?
- Proctology: the main sections
- What organs cures proctologist?
- How is the rectal?
- Diseases are treated by a proctologist
- Consultation at the proctologist on hemorrhoids
- Preparing to receive the proctologist?
- When you need to visit the proctologist?
- The obligatory visit to the proctologist
- When you need to visit the proctologist child?
Proctology is the branch of medicine that deals with the identification, study, therapy and prevention of diseases of the digestive tract and organs adjacent to it. To be more precise, this field of science is called Coloproctology, however, the first option is the most common and most understandable to people unrelated to medicine, although it is not entirely true. After all, proctology, in fact, is a branch of surgeons.
What cures a proctologist?
A physician with specialty or coloproctologist proctologist, identifying and treatment of pathologies of the colon and rectum as well as anus. Some time ago, a proctologist is the professional who dealt exclusively with the treatment of the rectum, but with the development of science, his field of activities widened. Now disease any and all sections of the intestine are in the competence of the proctologist.
So, for several years, the proctology of narrow medical area has grown to Coloproctology and expanded the scope of specialization. Therefore, the more familiar proctologist and less familiar to the ordinary person coloproctologist are specialists of the same profile.
Proctology: the main sections
Proctology surgical. This industry involves surgical treatment of the intestine with the failure of the methods of therapeutic proctology, for example, with intestinal bleeding. (See also: Bleeding from the anus)
What organs cures proctologist?
Bodies which are in the competence of the proctologist:
- Intestine the colon;
- Intestine straight;
How is the rectal?
At the appointment the patient will have to go through:
- A standard questionnaire, the purpose of which is to clarify the patient's complaints and the collection of interest to doctors of history.
- Rectal examination that the doctor performs using your fingers.
- If necessary, the patient is sent to undergo additional diagnostic methods: laboratory and instrumental: passing stool, passage colonoscopy, irrigography or anoscope.
Diseases are treated by a proctologist
In my practice, specialist intestine is faced with many diseases.
The list is fairly wide, however, the most common pathology of the following:
- Polyphonie growths;
- Trauma to the intestine;
- Removal of foreign bodies from the intestines;
- Rectal prolapse;
- Parasitic infestation;
- Cracks of the anus;
- The paraproctitis.
Consultation at the proctologist on hemorrhoids
Most of the remaining pathologies, the doctor has to face hemorrhoids. The disease often is severe, with various complications, although sometimes observed, and not complicated. If a person notices the first signs of hemorrhoids, it is mandatory to go to a specialist proctologist. If you leave the disease without proper treatment, it can lead to serious consequences including cancer of the bowel. This is the danger of hemorrhoids.
Preparing to receive the proctologist?
Before heading to the reception to the expert, you need to prepare. This person will need good to clean your intestines. This purpose can be used a normal enema or a laxative.
Not worth it in the evening before the admission to eat foods that promote gas formation. The same rule applies to drinks such as sugary sodas.
When you need to visit the proctologist?
Of having to visit a doctor show the following characteristics:
- Pain in the anal area. Often these pains occur after prolonged sitting or after walking.
- The frequent occurrence of constipation or diarrhea.
- Arising during the act of defecation painful. Cheerleaders should also pain appearing after a bowel movement.
- Stains of blood on the toilet paper after you run natural hygiene. Spots can have different color – from light red to rich dark.
- The appearance of redness and swelling in the anal area, the occurrence of unusual itching.
- Mucous discharge from rectum.
- The emergence of a sense of presence in the anus foreign object.
- The formation of the fistula and the allocation through them of feces.
- The emergence of the hemorrhoid after going to the toilet.
The obligatory visit to the proctologist: when is it necessary?
It should not be assumed that disease of the rectum – it is something exceptional relating to a small number of people. These pathologies are quite common, especially among the adult population. Their appearance has a number of predisposing factors that affect the body.
Therefore, to see a specialist is required if:
- There is overweight.
- The woman is in menopausal period, take it or menopause has been completed.
- If circumstances compel the person for a long time to stay in a sitting position. For example, professional fees.
- If you have previously transferred surgery, to remove hemorrhoids.
- If a woman has entered the last trimester of pregnancy or has recently given birth and faced with the symptoms of hemorrhoids.
- If you have a diagnosis of "colon cancer" any close relatives, and the man himself has topped 40.
If people do not bother, then it's still not a reason to abandon preventive trips to the proctologist. The fact that the majority of serious bowel disease in the initial stages give a fairly scarce symptoms.
When you need to visit the proctologist child?
Sometimes, you want to takethe specialist and the child. It must be done, if he had any symptoms similar to the symptoms of diseases of the intestines adult. In addition, consultation is required by the cries and restlessness of the baby during or after a bowel movement.