The benefits and harms of peas
Anyone remember the saying"Peas belly makes Oh!" - here, perhaps, and all knowledge about this common product. Meanwhile, and green, and dry and canned peas have valuable properties that are extremely useful composition, can be used to prevent various diseases.
The content of the article:
The benefits of green peasEach pea is a true quintessence of the periodic table, so varied its composition and high nutritional value.
Composition of green peas:
- Valuable plant proteins equivalent to the proteins of lean meat;
- Fats and carbohydrates;
- Natural sugar;
- Citric and oxalic acid;
- Essential amino acids: tryptophan, cysteine, lysine, methionine;
- Vitamins, carotene;
- Macronutrients: phosphorus, potassium, calcium, magnesium, copper, manganese, aluminum, cobalt, boron, silicon, selenium, chromium, magnesium, titanium, Nickel, tin, strontium.
The unique composition of pea during its regular use has a positive effect on well-being and human health.
Useful properties of green peas:
- Is the source of protein used for weight loss the various diets;
- Natural sugars (glucose and fructose), penetrate into the blood without the help of insulin, which has a positive effect on the health of patients with diabetes;
- Pyridoxine in the composition of peas improves skin condition, helps prevent cramps;
- Selenium,carotene and ascorbic acid are actively working to counteract carcinogenic processes;
- Chlorophyll helps to control the level of calcium in the human body;
- Green peas is a source of vitamin a, if its use does not combine with products containing starch;
- Natural sugar in the product stimulate brain activity, improve memory and cognitive functions of the brain;
- Suspends the aging process;
- Used for getting rid of swelling;
- Antioxidants in the product stimulate the immune system and help to resist infections.
Very useful green peas for pregnant women due to high content of folic acid, responsible for the formation of the nervous system of the fetus. Potassium and calcium in the composition of this product helps to keep the skeletal system women during pregnancy.
Protein content in peas
Due to the high protein content, pea is one of the most nutritious vegetables. The energy value of peas is slightly higher than the caloric value of beef of average fatness, it is 317 calories. In 100 g of peas, data from various sources can be from 7% in cooked product, and to 26% protein in fresh green sugar peas of certain varieties. Pea is widely used as high-protein food and fodder crop.
Does its use canned peas?Canning green peas were doing in the 16th century farmers in the Netherlands. In one hundred years the technology of harvesting the young bean spread in all European countries. For canning take unripe beans or brain shelling varieties of peas. Properly harvested green peas preserves many useful properties, though it is pasteurized at a temperature of 130°C.
Useful properties of canned peas:
- Helps to normalize cholesterol and blood glucose;
Helps with detoxification in case of poisoning and the elimination of the hangover.
- Is a source of easily digestible protein for pregnant women and children from 2 years, enriching the diet with micronutrients and beneficial food;
- Helps rejuvenate an older body to help regenerate weakened tissue.
Do not eat a lot of canned peas for those who lead a sedentary lifestyle, patients with gout, individuals with a tendency to urolithiasis and children up to 2 years.
What are the benefits of dry peas?Dry peas offered to the consumer in whole and crushed form (halves). It may have a yellow or greenish color, for protection from moisture shall be Packed in waterproof packaging. The caloric value of 100 g of dried peas equals 298 calories. He, like green peas, contains a large amount of nutrients.
The composition of dry peas (100 grams):
- Protein – 20.5 g;
- Fat – 2 g;
- Carbohydrates – of 53.3 g;
- Trace minerals – iron, magnesium, zinc, potassium, phosphorus;
Vitamins of groups B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B9, C.
The product is used in dietary nutrition in diseases of the blood vessels and tuberculosis. Peas helps to reduce blood pressure, reduce cholesterol, which is the prevention of atherosclerosis. A wide range of minerals and vitamins has a positive effect on the condition of the hair, nails, skin, face and body.
The prevention of cancer and vision problems, stimulation of fat metabolism – all these qualities of dry beans relates to its medicinal properties. It is undesirable to eat meals prepared with dry peas in disorders of purine metabolism, kidney and digestive tract.
The beneficial properties of pea sproutsSprouts of cereals and legumes are considered as healthy food, stimulating protective forces of an organism and its regeneration.
Properties of sprouted peas:
- Prevention of anemia;
- Detoxification of the body;
Normalization of blood sugar;
- Prevention of cardiovascular diseases, pathologies of the urogenital system;
- Regeneration of the digestive tract after the intestinal disorders;
- Rejuvenating effect on the body.
A huge number of valuable nutrients: vitamins, valuable minerals and proteins, allows the use of sprouts in baby food and in the diet of vegetarians. A large number of essential amino acids in seedlings of peas stimulates the activity of reproductive organs of men and women, normalizes the functioning of the prostate gland.
Sprouting peas - a quick guide:
- Rinse pea beans, put them in a container, pour water at room temperature.
- Leave the peas for 12-15 hours.
- After this time, rinse with water, cover with a damp cotton cloth, pour water on it.
- Leave the peas for 48 hours.
- Rinse and eat.
2-way, pour on the peas with boiling water, after germination, grind and re-fill with boiling water. The cooled beans can be eaten. So get a tasty and healthy product. Sprouts of peas added to any salads, eaten with soups.
Harm and contraindicationsThe pea contains a large amount of purine compounds that increase the level of uric acid in the human body. Uric acid provokes the accumulation in the joints and urinary system of urate that causes gout, kidney stones, kidney disease. Those who have history of the following diseases, it is best to refrain from eating peas:
- Diseases of the digestive tract,
Another unpleasant property of peas and dishes from it – the ability to cause flatulence, flatulence. During lactation the ability of pea to cause flatulence is passed through breast milk and cause colic in your baby. To abdominal discomfort and colic didn't bother the child, it is in the period of breastfeeding not to drink dish of peas and sugar varieties inraw.
To avoid swelling in the abdomen in adults is possible, if you rinse the product before cooking more carefully, not to drink cold drinks and don't eat bread when eating dishes of peas, add dill and fennel.
Peas in diabetesForming the diet of the patient suffering from diabetes, it is not easy to find useful and satisfying products. It is important that they do not increase the blood sugar level, that is, have a low hypoglycemic index. These products include peas, hypoglycemic index which is equal to 35 units. In addition, peas slows down the absorption of glucose in the intestines is a valuable property for patients with diabetes first and second type.
How to use peas in diabetes:
- As an ingredient of various dishes: pea soup, pea porridge etc.
- In the form of pea flour (take before food ? tsp);
- A decoction of the green pods (25 g of crushed green "blades" to boil in a liter of water for 3 hours, to drink during the day for 4 weeks);
- Raw peas sugar varieties
This product is useful in diabetes when used in raw and cooked form. In the composition of the peas are inhibitors of amylase the pancreas, valuable proteins and fiber. These healthy components help to lower blood cholesterol, prevent constipation, frequently appearing in diabetes.