The benefits and harms of linseed oil, how to take?
This unique product used since ancient times in folk medicine, is a real treasure on the content of biologically active substances.
The main benefit is the unique combination of polyunsaturated fatty acids omega-3 and omega-6, phytosterols, lecithin and beta-carotene, rarely found together in foods from the usual diet of a person.
lipids, but also slows down the growth of tumor cells.
Enrichment of diet with omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids leads to positive changes:
- Normalizes heart rhythm;
- The blood pressure parameters and biochemical composition of the blood close to normal;
- Restored the functioning of the glands of the endocrine system;
- Normalizes metabolism, eliminates risk of obesity and diabetes;
- Reduced levels of "bad" cholesterol in the blood and risk of blood clots;
- Decreases blood viscosity, which is very useful for the prevention of varicose veins;
- Disappear constipation;
- Visibly improves condition of skin and hair;
- Restores hormonal balance in women and men;
- Improves blood flow to the brain and vascular system.
Organized by the Professor of one of the Australian universities of Sydney Leonard Storlien experimental research showed that enriched lipids such as omega-3 food helps to normalize the metabolism, preventing obesity and diabetes.
The benefits of Flaxseed oil for women
Women's health, the implementation of the reproductive function, beauty and wellbeing in all age periods – those areas in which Flaxseed oil can provide invaluable assistance. Its unique composition helps to strengthen the immune system, prevent cardiovascular diseases, regulate blood pressure.
During pregnancy often there are prerequisites to the development of varicose veins because of increased stress on the body. Metered-dose flax seed oil will maintain the elasticity of blood vessels, reduce the risk of blood clots. Its ability to soften the skin will help prevent stretch marks on belly and chest. The use of this tool during the formation of the fetus will have a positive impact on the brain of the unborn child, retina and other vital organs and systems.
Not worth itabuse of Flaxseed oil during pregnancy women with threatened miscarriage as it has in its composition a natural analogue of estrogen, and an overabundance of this hormone has a negative effect on pregnancy. But natural estrogen flax oil as it is impossible by the way will fall during menopause, when loss of ovarian function, the body produces less of this hormone of femininity.
Flax seed (especially in shell white linen) contains a record number of phytoestrogens, but depending on the processing technology, the concentration of plant hormones in oil can be both high and insignificant.
Replacement natural estrogen natural analogue will allow a woman to push the period of decay, keep fresh and youthful skin of hands and face, reduce the appearance of menopause in the form of hot flashes, dizziness, pressure surges. With caution using Flaxseed oil women with the prerequisites to the emergence of cancer, independent of estrogen level: tumors of the breast and ovaries.
Learn more: list of foods with phytoestrogens
The invaluable role of this tool to maintain the beauty of the skin and hands, nails and hair. Domestic consumption of oil, mask and an application of him to nourish the skin and nail plate can make them smooth and beautiful, remove fine wrinkles on the face. Especially great is the need for regular use of this tool among women practicing different not balanced by the presence of necessary substances to the body diet.
Even at a fairly modest diet the body will always be enough vitamins, macro - and micronutrients to maintain optimal health and good mood, resilience to stress and high loads.
The benefits of Flaxseed oil for menThe unique composition of linseed oil a General tonic effect on the male body, which can not lead to a permanent increase in potency. The mechanism of its stimulation depends on the increase of elasticity of blood vessels, including vessels of the penis. His blood circulation is improved which allows you to maintain lasting erections.
Normalization of the endocrine system of the male body with Flaxseed oil promotes enhanced production of testosterone – the main male hormone responsible for typical signs of virility, sexual potency and reproductive function. Hormone serotonin present in linseed oil,stabilizes emotional state and gets in a good mood.
Useful properties of Flaxseed oil for men:
- Linoleic acid – the transmission of nerve impulses, the recovery of the nerve cells;
- Lipids omega-3 and omega-6 – stimulation of the brain, improving memory, sight and hearing;
- Vitamin A – the strengthening of blood vessels, the prevention of myopia;
- Choline is the synthesis of steroids, stimulation of immunity, prevention of inflammatory processes in the prostate gland, BPH;
Vitamin B6 – ensuring the functioning of the nervous and genitourinary system, maintaining mental and emotional equilibrium;
- Niacin the production of progesterone;
- Alpha-tocopherol – antioxidative, tissue regeneration and rejuvenation of the body;
- Vitamin K – involved in the process of hematopoiesis.
Such composition gives linseed oil properties potent natural antioxidant, as its components, repair cell membranes, regenerating the cell wall and restoring their youth. Flaxseed oil improves the quality of sperm, making the sperm more mobile and increasing their number. Because of these qualities, fertility rises to a higher level, increasing the likelihood of conception and a healthy child.
Disease prostate cancer the flax seed oil helps to relieve swelling and inflammation of the prostate to return to normal digestion. As one of the causes of prostatitis can become overweight, normalization metabolism due to the intake of oil indirectly affects the condition of the prostate and reduction of body weight to normal. The combination of oil with meals diet will quickly fill your stomach and avoid overeating, reduce the absorption of food in the stomach and intestines.
Flax oil is indicated for the following pathologies men's health:
- Accelerated ejaculation;
- Erectile dysfunction, impotence, infertility;
- Inflammatory diseases of prostate and the genitourinary system;
- Decreased libido.
To make linseed oil for improving men's health, starting with 1 teaspoon a day. This dose was maintained for weeks, and then increase to 2 tablespoons. To enhance the beneficial properties of the oil will help simultaneous intake with honey or milk products. The optimal combination of linseed oil with vegetables as a salad dressing will allow full use of the rich composition of thistake on an empty stomach from 1 tsp to 1 tbsp before each meal. Daily allowance is 2-3 tablespoons for an adult, but simply there is no limit. To start using oils is better with the minimum dosages, that is 2-3 teaspoons a day. In special cases, when a person can not use oil in this way, you can add it to salads, side dishes and soups, avoiding exposure to high temperatures that destroy the structure of fatty acids.
Course duration this drug in most cases is determined by the doctor depending on the application purpose. Like most natural remedies, the effectiveness of flax seed oil can be seen immediately. The average course of treatment lasts 2-3 months. If there is a need, you can extend it after 2 weeks of break.
The feature of taking Flaxseed oil is that it can be mixed with juices, yoghurts, fermented milk products. When treating constipation it is recommended to mix 1 teaspoon to a glass of warm water or drink the dose, adopted on an empty stomach.
This drug has its own characteristics in the treatment of various diseases:
- For the treatment of dry skin – the dose can be increased up to 5 tablespoons, of which directly oral method is used, 1-2 teaspoons consumed on an empty stomach before Breakfast, and the rest of the dose is added to the finished dish. After 30-45 days of this treatment, a period of rest and then it is taken in the lowest possible dose for the prevention of skin diseases.
- To remove "bad" cholesterol, cleanse the blood vessels, enhance immunity, take 1 tbsp oil while eating 2 times a day. Treatment of these States lasts 3 months, to prevent it take for these purposes within 30 days.
- The restoration of the digestive tract, relief of constipation, relief of the General condition of hemorrhoids and dysentery require months of treatment with linseed oil. Apply the following dosage: take 2 times a day adults 1 tbsp, children under 14 years – 1 Dec. L., children under 7 years – 1 teaspoon the treatment can continue only after 3-month break.
- For the treatment of sore throat and mouth slowly resolves tablespoon of oil, holding it in his mouth.
- The recovery period after the flu, surgery, prolonged illness, and 1 tbsp 3 times a day for 2-3 months.
- In the treatment of obesity (as adjuvant) – 1 Dec. L. on an empty stomach.
- When lesions of the epidermis – lubricate the skin with oil, diluted with lime-water in a ratio of 1:1;
- In the treatment of burns – lubricate the affected areaoil mixed with chicken egg;
- To improve metabolism, cleanse the body, prevention of diseases of the cardiovascular system – increasing the dosage (1-week to 1 tsp for half an hour before Breakfast with a 2 week on 1 teaspoon 2 times a day after meals). A course of rehabilitation lasts about 3 months.
In all cases, the use of the oil should be at room temperature.
What medicines not to take Flaxseed oil?
Flax seed oil – active agent which has a strong effect on the body. And how every drug with a strong effect, it may be incompatible with certain medications.
Interaction with drugs:
- The oil from the flax seed has the property to thin the blood, so it is impossible to accept simultaneously with the means with similar effect: acetylsalicylic acid, Ibuprofen, Heparin, Warfarin. If you want to use both tools, to survive in between the time period of a few hours. Such precautions will help to avoid unpleasant consequences of bleeding due to enhance the effect of medications that thin the blood.
- High blood pressure, the receiving means for reducing the pressure, can't take Flaxseed oil which has the same effect.
- Therapy hormones, the use of the pill is incompatible with the use of the oil.
How to make linseed oil?
The linseed oil manufacturing process with many years of tradition. Technological progress has brought the technology some changes. Currently, the edible oil is prepared using a cold press method.
The manufacturer of this product goes through the following stages:
- Mature cleaning flax seed from impurities with the help of seed-cleaning machines.
- Frost seed to -15°C for a period of 1 to 2 days.
- Correction of raw humidity to 8-9% for the full impact of the oil.
- Spin the flax seed under pressure at temperatures from +40 to +45°C. high temperature is necessary for the prevention of oxidative processes in the finished product.
- Stabilization and enrichment of vitamin E in the ratio of 2:1, sedimentation in the tank.
- Drain the oil from the sediment (fusa), filtering it from impurities using a layer of perlite and fine filters.
- Control of the finished product for purity and transparency, its transition into the filling container.
- Packing oil in glass containers or specially prepared dishes from opaque plastic.
With this method the output is a dietaryproduct with healing properties, ready for use. At observance of storage conditions shelf life of this product is 12 months.
Manufacturing of linseed oil at home
How to choose flax seed oil?
Therapeutic action is unrefined flax oil, obtained by cold pressing. The oil should be transparent, its color varies from Golden to brown.
Flaxseed oil must be packaged in bottles of dark color, impervious to sunlight and other illumination.
Its flavor should not have an unpleasant hue. Spoiled product usually resembles the smell of fish oil or has a burnt taste to the seeds. No impurities in linseed oil will give it much use, so it is advisable to exclude varieties with additives.
An ideal oil for use with a medical purpose is, which was only 1-2 weeks from production date. It has the best taste and useful qualities.
Manufacturer of linseed oil, you can choose any, as long as the path from production to consumer as short as possible. After a month from the date of manufacture it is already starting to progorkaet, but this period may vary. If you have already bought linseed oil, be guided to avoid bitterness.
Linseed oil and acquire at the supermarket and organic food store and in pharmacies. It is important that the seller has observed the conditions of storage of the product, keeping it in a cool dark place. The price of linseed oil varies from 100 to 600 rubles depending on the volume of the box.
A good alternative to Flaxseed oil is fish oil, which is almost identical in properties and composition.
How to store flax seed?
At home need to store linseed oil at a temperature of from +5 to +22°C, in the dark, maximally excluding the effect of the light on the product. The best place for storage – the bottom shelf of the refrigerator. It is not wrong to keep a bottle of oil in the kitchen cupboard. After every meal need to tightly close the bottle cap. Since opening linseed oil is not stored more than 3 months.
In the pharmacy network you can purchase the product enclosed in gelatin capsules. It is convenient to take for those who are not able to bear the smell of oil. This form of packing is stored exclusively in the refrigerator.
Answers to popular questions
Even with the most detailed coverage of the problems for consumers are questions. Beloware answers to the most popular ones.
Should taste bitter Flaxseed oil? No, quality linseed oil that were stored in optimal conditions, should not taste bitter. If it has a bitter taste, then began the process of oxidation and the oil becomes a health hazard.
Can I drink flax oil on an empty stomach? Yes, Flaxseed oil is taken on an empty stomach to cleanse the intestines and gastritis. This method of application do not use in individuals with a history of pancreatitis, especially in moments of aggravation. This tool triggers the release of bile when you drink on an empty stomach that causes vomiting. Need to wait a period of remission to be treated with linseed oil on an empty stomach.
Is it possible to fry with Flaxseed oil? No, it is possible, as polyunsaturated fatty acids, which are used for linseed oil, are destroyed by exposure to high temperatures. But the threat that these acids are converted into carcinogens, which accelerate aging and cause cancer.
Is it possible to give children flax seed oil? Regarding the use of Flaxseed oil in children there is no consensus – usually pediatricians are not allowed to use it in baby food for 6-7 years.
Is it possible during pregnancy Flaxseed oil? Proof that linseed oil is useful for pregnant women, is the experiment of scientists of the University of California with the primary goal to determine the prerequisites for the birth of intellectually gifted children. They investigated the molecular structure of subcutaneous fat in the hips and came to the conclusion that it contains large amounts of omega-3 fatty acids that affect the development of brain structures. The remaining fatty acids, unbalanced omega-3 lipids inhibit brain development of the unborn child. Linseed oil as a source of essential fatty omega-3 fatty acids – the product is recommended for use by pregnant women. But first you need to discuss with your gynecologist probable contraindications and the recommended dosage by the doctor.
Can I use Flaxseed oil to lose weight? This tool can not be called "magic pill" to help you get slim in short time, without much effort. For all its virtues, Flaxseed oil is considered a subsidiary factor in weight management. What is certain is that included in its composition of essential fatty acids are a very good combination, easy to normalize fat metabolism, and thereby reduces excess weight. Lipids omega-3 as a result