Parsley: the benefits and harms
Parsley also contains bioflavonoids and essential oil. Among other things, it noted the high content of trace elements that are essential if you lack calcium, zinc, phosphorus, iron or magnesium. In these cases, the introduction of parsley to your daily diet will be very helpful.
Parsley contains high amounts of chlorophyll, a natural pigment and is involved in the oxidation reactions. Also in the grass discovered folic acid, which is known for its beneficial properties, helps to maintain good condition of blood vessels and promotes the growth of healthy children. In the result it is not surprising that the parsley herb is used to create dietary supplements.
Chemical composition. The fruits of parsley contain up to twenty-two per cent of fatty oil, which is composed of the flavonoids diosmin and apiin, glycerides petroselinic acid glycosides apigenin and naringenin, and luteolin, etc. in addition, fruits are found from two to six percent essential oils, which includes coumarin, apiol, myristicin, a-pinene, Abilova acid, allinternational, etc. the leaves of the plant contain vitamin C, apigenin, up to eight-hundredths of one percent carotene, luteolin, and flowers, in turn, are kaempferol and quercetin. The roots are rich apigenin.
The content of the article:
- Use parsley for the body
- Other benefits of parsley for women and men?
- The harm of parsley for health
- Medicinal properties of parsley root
- Parsley broth
- Parsley juice
- Use parsley
- Mask of parsley for the face
- Marinated parsley for the winter – recipe
- Contraindications to the use of parsley
- Answers to popular questions
Use parsley for the body
All parts of parsley is beneficial for the body and find application in maintaining health and restoring the functioning of the human body.
Use parsley for the body lies in the following properties:
- Increased immunity – produced collagen (the main protein in connective tissue), accelerating nutrient absorption and regeneration processes of damaged tissues, stimulates the functioning of glands the endocrine system is produced to protect the body from infections and their complications.
Treatment and prevention of arthritis – essential parsley oil (eugenol) exhibits anti-inflammatory action of pain and swelling in the affected joints.
Improve metabolic processes – a vitamin rich formula stimulates the production of red blood cells, protein synthesis, normalization of hemoglobin levels. Folic acid has a positive effect on prevention of anemia, the formation of healthy cells.
- Strengthening blood vessels – occurs due to reduce levels of homocysteine – amino acid, affecting the walls of the arteries. Thanks to stronger blood vessels and small capillaries.
- Production of antioxidants – bioflavonoid luteolin is an antioxidant, removes free radicals from the body, stimulates metabolism of carbohydrates, exhibits anti-inflammatory properties.
- Prevention Gemological diseases – chlorophyll parsley purifies the blood, normalizes blood sugar, tones the blood vessels.
Lowering blood pressure– high potassium normalizes high blood pressure, heart rate.
- Adjusting the acidity, improves the digestive tract, reduces the acidity of gastric juice acts as an antacid.
- Treatment of inflammatory diseases of the genitourinary system – relieves inflammation.
- Detoxification of the body – removes toxins, stimulates liver of apigenin and myristicin – substances that enhance the action of drugs against cancer lesions of the colon.
- Rehabilitationthe mouth – part of chlorophyll in parsley is an excellent tool for the prevention of inflammation of the oral cavity, eliminate unpleasant odor.
Treatment of pyelonephritis – neytralizuya viruses and bacteria that cause inflammation of the tubules of the kidneys.
- Used as a diuretic – the diuretic property of parsley increases the excretion of salts and toxins, reduces the volume of fluid in the intercellular space.
- Vision improvement - a rich set of microelements, the content of vitamin A and beta-carotene contributes to the normalization of view, the protection of the optic nerve from exhaustion.
- Tissue regeneration and disinfection of the damage to the epidermis – the amino acid histidine helps to eliminate infectious processes in the skin after injuries and surgeries.
All use of parsley is in the content of bioactive compounds and mineral substances. Sugar in its composition is glucose, sucrose and fructose. All parts of this plant are rich in pectin, bioflavonoids and volatile. Spicy aroma of this plant is caused by a large number of essential oils.
What vitamins are in parsley?
Contained in parsley vitamins are active antioxidants, deducing from an organism of free radicals. They protect the immune system, cells and tissues of the body, contribute to their regeneration and active updating.
- Most parsley of ascorbic acid - vitamin C. It strengthens blood vessels and nervous system, the endocrine glands.
- Folic acid – vitamin B9, is actively involved in hematopoiesis, normalizes the liver and the digestive tract. Thanks to folic acid set by the balance of processes of excitation and inhibition in the nervous system of man.
- Nicotinic acid – vitamin PP, is responsible for the stimulation of oxidation and reduction processes, the production of gastric juice.
- Tocopherol – vitamin E is a major antioxidant used for prevention of aging, recovery of the capillaries.
- Vitamin K – coordinates calcium metabolism, and normalizes blood clotting.
- Vitamin B2 – Riboflavin is responsible for the condition of the epidermis and eyesight, support the nervous system in optimum condition, prevention of nervous breakdowns.
But what other vitaminsare in parsley? The table below shows the average number of vitamins and minerals:
Useful properties of parsley juice:
- Strengthening the immune system, the impact of accelerated recovery after injuries and surgery;
- Lowering blood pressure due to diuretic effect without the risk of elimination from the body of useful minerals (potassium);
- Prevention of blood clots;
- Prevention of premature aging;
- Prevention of oncological diseases;
- Prevent BPH and to minimize its symptoms in the appearance;
- The appearance antibacterial and anti-inflammatory actions when abnormalities of the genitourinary system;
- Normalization of fat metabolism, removing toxins from the body;
- Improved digestion, prevention of overweight;
- Assistance at cataract, conjunctivitis, and occurrence of myopia, the eye muscles fatigue during prolonged work at the computer (as part of a mixture of juices of carrot, parsley and celery);
- Strengthening the walls of blood vessels and heart muscle;
- Normalization of the menstrual cycle, with pain syndrome;
- Help with pathological course of menopause;
- Use as a natural aphrodisiac to increase libido in men and women;
- Improving and brightening the complexion, eliminate oily skin, prevention and treatment of acne;
- Use as a toner to refresh the skin of face and neck;
- Removing itching and inflammation of insect bites.
When using parsley juice for health purposes must take into account contraindications. This may be individual intolerance, kidney disease, gastritis and gastric ulcer. There are untested in the clinical setting information about the negative effects of parsley juice to tone the uterus and use with caution during pregnancy.
To prepare parsley juice, you need to carefully wash the greens, chop itin any way possible. You can cut it with a knife or grind using a blender. Then the resulting mass is pressed through a filter made of natural fabrics (gauze, cotton cloth). The greater the number of operations performed manually, the complete will be the resulting product. In the mechanization of this process can break down some vitamins, are unstable biological compounds.
The juice does not store, use immediately after preparation. The only exception for cosmetic procedures parsley juice can be frozen in molds for ice. If that purpose is required pure juice before freezing it pre-diluted with water depending on the requirements of the recipe.
Use parsleyThe researchers found that one of the medicinal properties of parsley associated with myristicin and apiola, so it improves the tone of intestinal smooth muscles in the uterus, the bladder, and increases diuresis. The plant is indispensable for bleeding in the uterus, edema in the heart region, and also as a diuretic when callosity. Extract of parsley essential oil are recognized in several foreign countries, and its diuretic effect is scientifically proven. But you should use it with caution, as it is contraindicated in nephritis due to the irritant effect on the renal parenchyma.
Also use seeds and plants. They are a good carminative, diuretic, and positively affect menstruation in women. But it's not all their properties. Extracted from the seeds decoction is used in atrial fibrillation with the presence of complications such as heart failure with edema or more. Contained in the plant juice is favorable for oxygen exchange in the body, as well as the functioning of the heart. Therefore, in addition to a diuretic effect, parsley recognized the effect against heart failure. Juice one serving should be not more than one tablespoon, even more preferably to add it to carrot juice in the ratio of one teaspoon of parsley in three tablespoons of carrot juice. Decoction of the plant added to it lemon juice is also useful for getting rid of freckles and spots, it should be used as a normal tonic, twice a day. This structure also allows to partially remove the tan from the face.
Mask of parsley for the face
There are many healing masks for the face and neck of parsley. Besides skin whitening, mask of parsley solve many problems – from removing wrinkles to treat acne. The basis of this actionnatural cosmetics lies a rich set of useful components of parsley.
Masks of parsley:
From wrinkle – smoothing and toning aging skin. Impose a 15-minute face gauze pad impregnated with infusion of 30 g of chopped parsley, poured a glass of boiled water for 3-5 hours. Use daily.
To whiten skin, lighten freckles, age spots. Mix 1 tbsp of chopped parsley and the yolk of a chicken egg, 1 tbsp olive oil. Apply on problem areas for 10-15 minutes, rinse with cool water.
Nourishing mask for dry skin of face and neck. Mix the chopped parsley leaves with fatty sour cream or yogurt (1 tbsp.) for 15 minutes, rinse with warm water.
For the prevention and treatment of acne. Gets rid of blackheads, reduces inflammation, prevents the appearance of new lesions.
Mix egg protein with 1 tbsp of chopped parsley, apply for 15 minutes on the inflamed skin, rinse with cool water.
To rejuvenate aging skin. Mix the chopped parsley leaves with liquid honey (1 tbsp), apply on face, avoiding the eye area. After 15-20 minutes, rinse with warm water.
All the masks to achieve a visible effect it is recommended to do regularly, at least 2-3 times a week courses for 1-1,5 months. You should do a test on Allergy – apply a drop of the mixture on the crease of your elbow and wait 15-20 minutes. The appearance of redness suggests that there are contraindications to the use of this natural remedies.
Marinated parsley for the winter – recipe
To eat parsley even in the offseason, use the pickling parsley for the winter.
For the classic recipe uses the following ingredients:
- Parsley – 2 large beam;
- Sugar – 80 g;
- Salt – 80 g;
- Bay leaf – 3-4 pieces;
Garlic– 3-5 large cloves;
- Vinegar 9% - 100 g (1/2 Cup)
Step by step recipe for marinating parsley:
- To sort, wash, dry and chop the parsley, sterilized small jars.
- Lay the herbs in container.
- To prepare the brine – 700 g of boiling water to dissolve the salt and sugar, add vinegar.
- Parsley pour boiling brine, sterilized for 15-20 minutes.
- Resealed with lids, placed under a thick cloth for 6-8 hours.
By clicking on the link, you can get acquainted with the recipe of marinating without sterilization:
Contraindications to the use of parsley
Despite the large number of useful properties of parsley, there are contraindications to its use:
- Idiosyncrasy parsley, allergic reactions to its components.
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding – causes a feeling of anxiety in infants, increases tone of the uterus;
- Inflammation of the bladder in acute or chronic form, nephritis, pyelonephritis, gout, kidney stone disease, as essential oil and bioflavonoids parsley irritate the renal parenchyma;
- Exacerbation of peptic ulcer disease;
- Disorders of calcium metabolism.
Even in the absence of contraindications you should not eat parsley in large quantities. Excessive amounts of parsley juice causes negative symptoms in the abuse. Is headache, nausea, decrease in General muscle tone. Best juice diluted with water, use the mixture of juices.
Answers to popular questions
Consumers of parsley are often raised different issues.
Can I freeze parsley in the freezer?
Leaf and root parsley successfully freeze for the winter. In this state it is possible to store 7 to 8 to 9 months.
To do this, use the following methods:
- Whole stalks - cleaned, washed and dried parsley clean from coarse stems, distributed in bundles, wrap in portions in plastic bags, turning them into a tube, and placed in a freezer.
- In chopped form, washed and dried the parsley finely cut, packaged bulk in bags, fold them tightly and freeze.
- In the form of portioned cubes prepared parsley cut finely, densely Packed mass of ice cube trays, add a few drops of water. The molds are placed in the freezer, the next day they can be folded into a more compact package for storage.
- In the form of mashed potatoes – washed and dried crushed parsley in a blender, adds in weight a little vegetable oil (sunflower, olive), freeze in portion cups. Then cubes of puree can be folded into packets for long term storage.
- In the form of chopped root vegetables – peeled and fine roots roots were thoroughly washed and dried. Then they are cut or rubbed on a coarse grater, Packed in bagsto store, frozen.
Before use parsley thawed and added to soups, stews, sauces, salads. Frozen parsley is almost completely retains its flavor and aroma. Put it in different meals 2 times more, than add fresh parsley.
How to keep parsley fresh for the winter?To keep root parsley fresh dug roots are sorted, removing broken and damaged copies. They are then dropped into boxes with sand and placed in the basement. The sand is slightly wet during the storage period.
For short storage leaf parsley washed, placed in plastic containers and pour boiled and cooled vegetable oil. So fresh parsley may be stored in a cool place for 2-3 months. If you are unable to keep parsley fresh, it is salted, dried and frozen.
How to keep parsley fresh in the refrigerator?
Keep fresh herbs within weeks, putting it in the water similar to the floral bouquet. In the fridge this period is extended to one month. For this parsley wrapped in a plastic bag, and paper, stored in special compartment. To one month can be kept fresh parsley in a vacuum container.
How much vitamin C in parsley?
This vegetable contains double the daily rate of vitamin C. In 100 g of parsley 166 mg of ascorbic acid. Ascorbic acid in parsley is almost four times more than in lemon and 100 grams of parsley contain about two daily norms of ascorbic acid and two standards of vitamin A.
Lose the vitamins in the frozen parsley juice?
When rapid freezing parsley juice retains much of its rich vitamin content. During thawing, the juice loses about 30% of vitamins.