The content of the article:
A gastroenterologist is a specialist who is able to carry out diagnosis, therapy and prevention of diseases and pathologies relating to the gastrointestinal tract.
Most often, diseases of the digestive system is first identified, or by General practitioners or pediatricians, as they call people with a variety of complaints. The reason for the referral to a gastroenterologist may be the following symptoms: disturbances in the process of digestion and occur in the abdominal area soreness.
What cures a gastroenterologist?
A physician who has received specialty gastroenterologist deals with the treatment of all bodies that in one way or another involved in the process of digestion and are responsible for nutrient absorption, trapped with her in the human body.
At this time a gastroenterologist is a doctor is in high demand.However, this is not surprising, because the narrow specialist deals with the treatment of all known diseases, including:
- Any pathology of the stomach: ulcers, gastritis, polyphonie growths, cancer.
- Multiple pathology of the gallbladder: a decrease of mobility and the deterioration of the patency of the bile ducts (dyskinesia), a prominent and extensive inflammation of the organ that affect the process of digestion (cholecystitis). Do not delay treatment to a gastroenterologist if you have symptoms of psoriasis. This disease is somatic in nature and can cause disturbances in the process of digestion of food, and completely stop it. In the end, the person, his health deteriorates.
- Pathology of the spleen. The physician is able to identify and carry out adequate treatment of cysts and tumors of the body, abscess of the spleen and other violations in its work.
Pathology of the pancreas. First and foremost, is an inflammation of the body, the pancreatitis. (See also: what is pancreatitis? What to do when you attack?) In the process of development of disease is a violation of production necessary for normalprocess of digestion enzymes. They accumulate in the diseased organ and begin to destroy it. If you leave this process without treatment, the acute phase of it goes into a chronic and completely destroy the diseased gland.
- The pathology of the intestine. In this case, the fore colitis (inflammation of the colon), duodenitis (involved in inflammation of the duodenum), dysbacteriosis, which are formed as a result of the insolvency of the human intestinal flora. In addition, the doctor helps to get rid of the infestation, enterocolitis or other bowel problems.
The consequences of the failure to seek to the expert of a narrow profile can be quite serious, until the development of oncologic conditions and the death of the patient. The fact that all of these diseases are severe, as they involved the digestive organs. No treatment or incomplete treatment process – all this leads to the widening of polosnyj lesions and cancer.
As cures gastroenterologist?
First, the doctor must charge the patient the correct diagnosis. To do this, the patient will need to be examined by a gastroenterologist, after which the doctor will prescribe tests that may a number of instrumental studies. When will all the results obtained, the doctor will be able to accurately respond to the patient what the disease is and what its causes are. In the end, the patient is assigned adequate treatment.
Specific therapeutic scheme will depend on the pathology of the identified patient and the specifics of his problem and what is the severity of the disease. The doctor may recommend to undergo medical treatment, herbal medicine courses, as appropriate develop an individual plan that provides guidance for the lifestyle etc. in addition, the doctor may recommend the patient surgery, after which it will be structured recovery program.
Of a gastroenterologist: when to visit the specialist?
Problems with the gastrointestinal tract relevant to most people, so the gastroenterologist is the specialist who is able to assist the infants (such as dysbacteriosis, which is so widespread among children) and older patients (e.g., chronic constipation). In addition, the category of patients adolescent and reproductive age also constitute a considerable part of visitors of a doctor of this specialty. Someone need advice, and someone treatment.
Go to the doctor people, depending on individual pain threshold. Some may for a long timeto experience symptoms of gastrointestinal disorders, despite the fact that they change the quality of life for the worse, and some when even minor feelings of discomfort go for advice. Of course, the majority of patients – those people who come to the reception with obvious symptoms of illness, to tolerate that they are no longer able to. However, attention should be given to the already first signs of disorders of the gastrointestinal tract. That is, when the pain or severity, a recurrent the swelling and discomfort of any other plan that occurs in the digestive system, it is necessary to seek advice.
More specific symptoms, which can be the reason for going to a gastroenterologist, the following:
Bitter taste in mouth, belching occurs after eating, which also has an unpleasant taste, breath; (see also: causes and treatment of bad breath)
- The occurrence of heartburn on a regular basis (after meals);
- Pain, the localization of which is the intestine or the upper quadrant of the stomach;
- Heaviness in the stomach, which appears to the moment of eating, that is, on an empty stomach and its disappearance after eating, and nausea;
- Diabetes mellitus;
- Violations of the chair on a permanent basis;
- Change the color of the stool, the occurrence of vomiting – these symptoms require immediate referral to a specialist;
- The appearance of lesions on the skin that do not have an infectious origin, in addition, cause for concern should be the peeling of the dermis that occurs eczema, wanton deterioration of hair and nails.
In addition, if the person is a long time used the drug, went through courses in radio or chemotherapy, you should consult a gastroenterologist.
Gastroenterologist: diseases, in which he is engagedTaking into account the above pathology, it is possible to mention a few diseases that fall within the competence of a physician of this specialty:
All types of hepatitis; (see also: all types of hepatitis)
- Paingynaecological type adnexitis, etc.;
- Gastritis of any etiology;
- Peptic ulcer disease;
- Infectious mononucleosis;
- Chronic diseases of the gastrointestinal tract;
- Nephropathy, glomerulonefrit, pyelonephritis, crystalluria;
Urolithiasis. (See also: causes and symptoms of kidney stones)
If pathology was subjected to the following bodies, to treat them should the gastroenterologist:
- The liver;
- The esophagus and the stomach;
- Intestine thick and thin, and the duodenum;
- The gallbladder and its ducts.
As the main diagnostic techniques used by the gastroenterologist in his practice, the following:
- Ultrasound examination of the abdominal cavity;
A trip to the gastroenterologist: what happens when a constant delay?
Incorrect operation of any Department of the digestive system will lead to the fact that the food will be assimilated much worse. Over time, it's not too dangerous condition that will lead to the fact that the process of splitting substances received from food will be broken. The body begins to accumulate toxic substances that will lead to its poisoning.
Prolonged intoxication becomes the impetus for the development of somatic pathologies. Violated the patient's quality of life suffers his appearance, performance declines. In the end, suffers from the immune system, which leads to serious consequences. If we are talking about the child, because of the long delays in visiting a gastroenterologist may be affected its normal development (mental and physical).
In this regard, gastroenterologists strongly recommended in case of any problems with the gastrointestinal tract, do not write off their low quality food, and to promptly seek help. In that case, if the discomfort does improper diet, the doctor will give recommendations on how to change your diet, so that did not suffer from this digestive system.