The content of the article:
Dermatology deals with the study of function, structure and diseases of hair, skin, nails, and glands (sweat and sebaceous). You can also find the name of dermatopathology it would be a more accurate definition for this branch of medicine. A close relationship has dermatology with venereology, endocrinology, Allergy and Oncology. The experts dermatologists are trichologists (doctors dealing with the diseases of the hair), cosmetologists and dermatologists.
What cures a dermatologist?At least once in life every man has faced or will face skin problems. Because the epithelium is the largest human organ, and it performs vital functions to sustain life of the organism, among which respiratory and barrier. In turn, the dermatologist is the specialist who deals with diseases of the dermis.
The skin is most vulnerable to the negative effects of the external environment, it is attacked by many infections and do not exclude the risk of developing cancer formations. The impact of temperature fluctuations and other environmental factors. In addition, the dermis like any other organ aging and depended on the internal processes occurring in the body. With this in mind, is the work of a dermatologist: diagnosis of diseases of the skin, and its treatment.
Among the diseases faced by the doctor of this specialty:
- Diseases caused by mycotic lesion of the dermis (trichophytosis, athlete, microsporia and others);
Infectious lesions of the dermis impetigo; (see also: Causes and symptoms of impetigo)
- Viral diseases of the epidermis – multiple varieties of lichen, herpetic lesions, papillomas of the skin;
- Diseases of allergic origin, eczema and neurodermatitis;
- Parasitic lesions of the skin;
- Inflammations of the glands, caused by a somatic and infectious factors;
- Rashes on the dermis due to HIV due to exposure to drugs and toxic agents;
Psoriasis; (see also: kinds and typespsoriasis)
- The problem of the dermis that occur in puberty;
- Acne, etc.
In addition to these diseases, the dermatologist go about the various cosmetic defects and skin abnormalities, which can lead to cancer of the dermis.
The dermatologist's office: reception
In case of any skin problems should seek the advice of a dermatologist. For a start, the doctor will perform a visual inspection of the patient, and then sends the patient to the diagnostic office to complete the necessary research. As for therapy, it may be medication or consist of physiotherapy (sometimes requires a comprehensive approach). If necessary, the patient goes to a surgeon for surgical intervention. It is important to seek the advice of a dermatologist immediately after you detect skin problems, as many of them are of infectious nature.
When to go to a dermatologist?
If the detected one or more of the following symptoms, to postpone the trip to a dermatologist, do not:
- Appeared boils or formations containing purulent masses;
- The skin was swollen and itchy for a long time;
- Rashes on the dermis (bright or pale);
- Is the growth of warts or moles, they grow in size;
- Leather giperimirovana and scaly;
- On the dermis are formed in moist areas or areas of inflammation;
- Person concerned about acne or pimples.
Pathologies characteristic of the dermis, there are many, to list all of their symptoms is problematic. In this regard, people have when any abnormalities in the skin to consult a dermatologist. That he is able to make an accurate diagnosis and prescribe an appropriate treatment, or redirect to another doctor.
When to take the child to a dermatologist?
Responsibility for the health of the child lies with the parents, so they must not lose vigilance and a redness on the skin to take in diathesis or allergic dermatitis. It is in childhood when there is the maximum risk that the child will be exposed to the infectious or parasitic skin disease.
When rashes on the dermis of the child occur with a certain frequency, this may indicate that the intestine of the baby is inhabited by parasites. Only a specialist will help make the correct diagnosis and deliverof the child from the problem by assigning adequate treatment.