The content of the article:
Modern medicine cannot be imagined without this doctor as a pediatrician. His expertise includes evaluation of the comprehensive development of children (nervous, mental, physical), school of maturity. The doctor, on the basis of the available information about the health of the patient, assigns a group of health, gives recommendations to parents regarding the feeding of the child, his education, development and prevention of various diseases.
The doctor has knowledge about many diseases that are relevant to the period of childhood. Knows the causes of different infections, the etiology of diseases of organs and systems. In addition, the doctor needs to follow modern trends in Pediatrics and the release of new drugs used to treat children. Of course, it is difficult to list all the knowledge possessed by a pediatrician. Everything listed is just the basic minimum that each doctor and which is the most relevant for patients.
How does the pediatrician?A physician of this specialty involves the medical history of the child patient. The doctor discovers a medical history, assesses the health of the child, and then gives an initial consultation regarding any further treatment or further investigations for more precise diagnosis. For example, offers to donate blood, urine or mucus for analysis, etc.
Depending on the obtained results, is developed by further treatment or changes already implemented, or required to conduct additional studies, or redirect to another specialist.
The pediatrician appointment
The medical examination can be planned and unplanned. Each of these options has certain characteristics.
- Before the advent of a child into the world. Learn about where the doctor accepts, how it happens and when it go woman needs even before birth into the light, or rather, at the time of registration. Pediatricians are doctors of the district and accept children on the basis of their place of residence.
- The first month after birth. At this time, the pediatrician will first see the baby, will assess his condition and give recommendations to the parents. Comes to the house the doctor several times.
- When the first monthwill be left behind. Baby drive to the clinic as planned. At this time it weigh, measure and examine. Typically, this is done every month.
- The period of one year. Visits to the pediatrician should be monthly. He regularly monitors the child's development, identify existing deviations. In addition, recommending routine vaccination.
- The period after 12 months. The parents go to the doctor as needed. Planned are only visiting, during which it performed inspection and the introduction of preventive vaccination.
To go to the doctor standing in the case, if the child has the following symptoms:
Body temperature rises. (See also: High fever without symptoms of the child)
- There are pain of different localization: in joints, headaches or abdominal.
- Observed digestive disorders.
- There are signs of Allergy or infectious disease is on the body or face rash, baby coughing, had a runny nose, wheezing in the throat, etc.
- There are doubts about norms of child development, physical and mental.
Parents should not forget:
- If the disease began to develop in the infant, it is not necessary to carry him to the clinic, and it is better to call a doctor home. This will eliminate the risk of infecting the baby other infections.
- When a child is born, it give birth to individual medical card. It should be treated carefully, as it will allow us to study the history of a child in older age.
What cures a pediatrician?
The doctor should be able to make the correct diagnosis and in accordance with them to carry out the treatment for food poisoning need one treatment, infectious diseases – completely different allergic manifestations – third.
In addition, the doctor should be able to detect problems with the heart and kidneys, the liver and blood vessels, digestive tract and Central nervous system, metabolic processes, etc. the Pediatrician needs to diagnose have the disease and, if necessary, send the child to narrow the doctor, who will be engaged in further therapy.
A good pediatrician is the key to healthSearch for a doctor with a really high qualification – the question is quite relevant.
First and foremost, you should decide the hospital where you will be receiving. The physician must have experience working with children.
That is a lot of practice is a guarantee that the doctor will not make mistakes in the treatment of the child, as this will not allow him to do many years of experience. This is important because at an early age the baby can not inform adults about their concerns. However, up to 5 years, it is quite difficult for him. That is why the pediatrician must be able to determine the cause of temperature rise in a child to understand why he exhibits increased anxiety, etc.
However, it is not necessary to look for the doctor, the experience of 40 years or more. Enough that the doctor worked at the clinic for 10 years. For the time period it will hone knowledge gained at the Institute and will gain practice, but it will be up to date with modern trends in medicine in General and their field in particular. Well, if the doctor has experience of working in a hospital.
A specialist in their field, always committed to professional growth, improving their knowledge and increasing skills. It is important to weed out outdated treatment methods, adopting new standards in medicine. Therefore, the student doctor is a specialist who has advanced theoretical and practical base.
Well, if the doctor graduated additional courses that enhance his skills, has additional specialization. For such doctors in good hospitals there is a struggle and it is in these institutions they are receiving.
What is included in the services of a pediatrician?
- Medical history, careful attention to the complaints of the patient;
- Visual inspection;
- The measurement of body temperature;
- Determination of height and weight.